Did you know facts about human skeleton?

Did you know facts about skeleton?

Planetwide facts

1.   Did you know the bones are mostly (70%) made up of minerals, mainly calcium and phosphorus. The rest (about 30%) is made of organic substances of protein value.

2.     Did you know the human skeleton and teeth have 99% of the calcium present in the body.

3.   Did you know there are three types of skeletons in living beings: hydroeskeletons, exoskeletons and endoskeletons. Endosquelestones are internal skeletons, such as the human skeleton.

4.     Did you know lack of calcium in childhood causes a problem known as rickets. It is found in rickets that the bones do not grow normally, and the ends of the long bones become deformed.

5.   Did you know the skeleton represents about 14% of body weight.

6.    Did you know during the development of the fetus, most of the skeleton develops first as a model of cartilage, which is gradually replaced by bone, a process called endochondral ossification.

7.  Did you know the adult skeleton has 206 bones , however, a child after birth has an average of 270 bones . This happens because, after a while, many bones merge, forming only one, Most bones are in the feet and hands.

8.     Did you know Femur is the largest bone in the human skeleton. In people of 1.80 m, the femur presents approximately 50 cm.

Read also; Unknown facts about human body

9.     Did you know the smallest bone in the human body is the stirrup, located in the middle ear? It is from about 2.6 to 3.4 mm long and weighs about 2 to 4.3 mg.

10. Did you know the strongest and longest bone on the face is the jaw? In addition, it is the only moving bone of the skull.

11. Did you know in an adult, the presence of the red bone marrow , which is related to the production of blood cells , is observed in the sternum, the vertebrae, the ribs and the pelvis .

12. Did you know the hyoid bone has no joints and is located in the region of the neck, between the mandible and the larynx?

13.  Did you know there are people with more than 206 bones? It is the case of those who have a couple of ribs or an extra finger. Whoever walks a lot on horseback gets new bones in the region of the basin.

14.  Did you know the bones can be long (examples: femur and tibia), short (carpi and tarsus) and boring (bones of the skull and hips).

15.  Did you know the skull has 22 bones, eight of which exist to protect the brain?

16.  Did you know at about 2.6 millimeters, the stirrup – one of the three bones of the ear – is the smallest bone in the human body.

17.  Did you know with the exception of humans and one or other species of monkey, most primates have a bone in the penis called a staff.

18. Did you know the only bone that is not hinged to any other bone is the hyoid. It is below the lower jaw and is supported only by the muscles.

19.  Did you know the bones are made of two classes of tissues: the spongy and the compact. The spongy bone tissue presents cavities similar to those of sponges and is found in the head of long bones. The compact tissue forms the tubular part of the bones. The red marrow, responsible for making blood cells, is in the spongy cavity.

20.  Did you know the bones have the following layers: periosteum, compact bone tissue, spongy bone tissue, red bone marrow and yellow bone marrow.

21.  Did you know the ends of the bones are protected by cartilage. The places where they come together are called joints.

22.  Did you know long bones such as the femur, tibia, and humerus (the first two are leg bones, the third is the arms) are thin in the middle and thick at the ends.

23.  Did you know the bones of the embryos are mucous, that is, they are rather thick gelatin. The newborns are cartilaginous, look more like a cartilage. As the person grows, they will become tougher, reaching the third and final stage, the ossification.

24.  Did you know the bone structure remains strong and vigorous until the 30, 35 years of age. From there, it begins to age, losing 3 to 5 millimeters of bone density per year.

25. Did you know the bones of women and men are different in many ways. Men have larger thorax, wider shoulders and narrower pelvis. The length of the legs represents in them 56% of the height, while in them it does not exceed 50%.

26.  Did you know the nose and ears never stop growing. This is because both are made up of cartilages, not bones. That’s why older people have larger noses and ears.

Leave a Response